Friday, September 7, 2007

Indepth Guides to Character Creation.

Just to help in case you're still lost in terms of character creation, I've found a couple of videos and links that should help you along.

First off, the videos.

This EVE Online Character Creation tutorial on Youtube can help you in case you have questions in regards to what attributes affect what, and where. Though the speaker has trouble at certain portions, it does achieve its goal.

WANG Character Creation 101 is also a good video to look up on. It refers a lot to Goonswarm's public wiki for information, of which includes the Recommended Base Stat Builds, and the Character Portrait guide.

I have to note that the Recommended Base Stat Builds are very specialized, and often have lower-than-average attributes in important places, like memory and willpower. Still, they score higher in intelligence and preception, which are primaries for many skills. Its often better to leave memory/willpower at least 7, and make intelligence/preception a bit lower than what the linked guide says. It'll help once you're branching out into other skill trees that require a bit more in memory/willpower, due to them becoming primaries, like, for example, tech 2 ship skills or industry.

Note: Goonswarm is a large player alliance that is part of a larger group of alliances fighting a long-standing war. Their reputation with the playerbase and CCP in general is of general dislike, due to their known actions in the past. This doesnt mean they're all bad, just that everyone's bad in one way or another. Goonswarm just made it more apparent about themselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to give a general comment and encouragement to your blog in general. I've just browsed through the archive and found a lot of interesting text and insight; some which I didn't knew before, and some I didn't think of in the same way. I liked your comparisons between the races in an earlier blog, as well as your comments on the community. As a roleplayer myself, the immersion aspect is the most interesting to me, even at the expense of a lower ISK flow; but it never hurts to read up on anoher's impressions and strategies now and then as well.

Your links to useful things in the forums are also most appreciated, it's not always easy to find the really useful things, despite stickies.

Keep up the good work!
.
Blackback Starkiel

Saruwatari said...

Thank you for the comments. Whilst I do have a lot of time on my hands from time to time, its rare for me to actually have time to go out and look for proper references and putting them in my blog.

Hopefully my next burst of free time will allow me to do so again.