Thursday, August 30, 2007

GTC = Isk. >:(

As I've mentioned in my previous blog, you can buy GTC's for Isk. They're usually in the format of 30day, and 90day GTC's and usually go for 200mil isk per 30days.

200mil isk is a huge amount for anyone pre-6 months into the game. Even I only earn 20-30 mil isk per day, and thats when I'm seriously pushing myself.

I myself do not condone this quick RLcash-to-GTC-to-isk transfer, but it has its merits. First off, many long-time players of EVE sometimes have to use this option to keep their accounts active long enough through a rough financial spot, and others use it as a secondary market to create, and then sell, purpose-built characters.

Yes, you can buy and sell characters as well. At least that I can understand, since as it stands, you must specialize in a certain field to be good at it, and thus earn your isk. Trying to be a jack-of-all-trades will take far too long, and would cost you far more in terms of isk and time to do so than buying a character created just for that purpose.

I'm even leaning towards getting myself an industrial alt, actually. But first things first, my pet project...

In any case, the Character and Timecode Bazaar is where you should go in case you are interested.

No comments: